Custom Software Development Services
Campbell Software provides ALL services related to the complete software development services life cycle. Our usual process is as follows:
Software Development Services Life Cycle
- A Mutual non-disclosure is signed along with a Master Services Agreement.
- Exploratory discussions occur related to the client’s business concepts, ideas and goals.
- We assist in formalizing the the business requirements document.
- A formal confirmation process ensures everyone has the “same” understanding of expections and deliverables before coding starts.
- We translate the business requirements to technical requirements and and create a technical development requirements plan.
- Flat rate and Class 3 estimates for each technical development task is provided.
- Discussions occur about each development task, and for each, a confirmation and acceptance process occurs.
- Upon task item budget approval, coding commences.
- Based upon the “Tech Stack” related to each software development task, developers with the most relevant skills and experience are assigned the task.
- Daily Development Cycle:
- We visit and review each developer’s progress at least twice per day to ensure developers stay on track.
- Software development is performed, with daily code check-ins and builds.
- Reviewers examine each developer’s code check-ins each day. If concerns are determined, the lead is notified.
- Developers perform internal tests, and when their progress is “ripe”, they notify the QA team.
- Our QA (quality assurance) team tests developer code flagged as completed. QA provides bug reports & recordings to the project lead, who in turn reviews findings with developers. This is our general daily cyclic process.
- On a continual basis, our private, secure online portal is updated with daily progress, accessible to all team members and stakeholders.
- BI weekly: We have progress status meetings with stakeholders. Occasionally, stakeholders will determine they need a change. A CR (change request) will then be provided and tracked on the portal. We expect small changes to occur and do our best to absorb the cost.
- Upon final review of the staging release, a formal confirmation via a recording of deliverables is provided.
- Upon approval of the staging release by stakeholders, a deployment plan is reviewed and approved by stakeholders.
- The Production release is deployed.
- Upon production release deployment, a Post Production verification recording is provided to confirm success of the production release deployment.
- The source code repository is now marked with a deployment release version and the code is provided to the stakeholder.
- The release version is now moved into a source code repository maintenance branch.
- If fixes are required, we provide corrections at no additional cost for 30 days.
During all of the above processes, all efforts, correspondence, documents, quotes, estimates and formal approvals are tracked using a secure, private online project management portal. Source codes (explicitly assigned to the client in the MSA (Master Services Agreement) are always available to stakeholders at all times. As well, staging releases are accessible to stakeholders whenever desired.
Campbell Custom Software Development billing is performed on the 15th and end of month. Our rates are $30 to $45 USD per hour, depending upon resources required. Discounts are provided when work is sub-contracted by a professional software firm. Discount rates depend upon the size of the project. For flat rate quoted projects, payments are due immediately upon meeting agreed upon milestones.
Trusted Top Rated Software Development Services
We have sponsored Microsoft Developer conferences in Orlando and Vegas. We have earned (not paid) publications in PC Magazine, Frost and Sullivan and Wainhouse Research. The Premier of British Columbia published a government report hailing us a technology success case for British Columbia. 900 BCTIA technology companies (members) nominated a company Gary Campbell founded as best start-up in British Columbia. Products we have developed have been used by 50 colleges and universities. Products we designed, coded, deployed and maintained have been used by the US Military, Canadian Military, Verizon, Health Canada, TEC, Amazon and more. Over 4 million people have used products we built from scratch.
With our A+ BBB Rating, over 300 software programming skill set endorsements by professionals, some 130 years of combined project management experience, and with nearly 350 years of combined developer experience, Campbell Software is a company you can trust. Our promise is to build higher quality software faster, for less. We deliver this promise every day.
We are Experienced. We are Trusted.. And we are Proven…
Custom Software Development Services Canada
Campbell Software, a trusted Canadian company, provides clients with a legal corporate guarantee. Unlike off-shore companies, where liability courts have a 10 year backlog, our corporate promise is a Canadian promise. It is legally enforceable and it is our pleasure to deliver our promise to you.
We use Microsoft Visual Studio for most of our projects. As per Microsoft project analysis reports, our cost per line of code is 60% less than the industry standard. Our Maintainability Index score averages 55% less (easier and less costly to maintain) than industry standards. Microsoft Class Coupling, Cyclomatic Complexity and Depth of Inheritance Analysis report scores our quality of our work product higher than in-house developers (based upon independent industry measurements).